- UG teaching in Anaesthesiology
- PG teaching in Anaesthesiology
- Centre for teaching trainees in LSAS (Life Saving Anaesthetic Skills)
UG teaching programme
20 teaching hours: Classroom lectures on various topics as per MCI are taken during 7th term MBBS by Anaesthesia staff members.
PG teaching programme
- Subject seminar once a week under the guidance of staff members. Each PG student presents on selected topics around four times a year.
- Journal club once a week. Each PG student makes a journal club presentation around four times a year
- Introductory lectures by staff members in first few weeks of the 1st year
- Student symposiums on selected topics
- Mortality and morbidity meetings- once a month: presentation is done by students who had conducted/assisted the anaesthetic management
- Interdepartmental meetings
- Dissertation: Synopsis presentation, writing and submission under the guidance of PG Guide for MD students
- Training in educational technology- MD students take lectures for undergraduates on topics like O.T disinfection etc.
- Ward rounds for preanesthetic evaluation and postoperative follow up
- Rotation postings in other departments like Basic sciences in 1st year, in Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology(15days) in 2nd/3rd year